When To Replace An AC Unit
There are several indicators that your AC unit may need repairing—possibly, replacing.
Here are some signs to look out for so that you know when to call Hamilton Home Comfort:
- There is an absence of cool air or the air is not as cool as it used to be.
- There is weak or little airflow through your AC vents.
- You experience thermostat problems (i.e.: one area of your home is cooler than another).
- You find moisture or leakage around or near your AC unit.
- There are strange sounds coming from your air conditioner unit.
- There are strange odours coming through the AC vents.
Any one of these is an indicator that your air conditioner needs to be serviced. These are also indicators that it may be time to replace your AC unit, depending on the extent of the issue(s).
There are other factors you will also want to consider when deciding whether it’s time to replace your AC unit and which new air conditioner would best suit your needs:
- Does your unit have a low SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio/Rating)? The SEER is the ratio of the cooling output of an air conditioner over a typical season divided by the energy it uses in Watt-Hours. The higher the SEER, the better—and the more money you’ll save in energy costs.
- With growing awareness of the strain on the environment, customers are choosing to replace older models with those that are more ecologically friendly and leave a smaller carbon footprint in order to benefit future generations.
- Older air conditioners contain the refrigerant Freon, which has been virtually phased out in Canada. Because of the damage done to the environment and its contribution to global warming, Freon is no longer used in air conditioning units. Yet another reason to replace your older unit.
- Newer air conditioners are manufactured to run far more quietly, some just slightly louder than the volume conversation. This appeals to clients who work from home, value the quiet, yet want to be cool during the spring and summer months. A quiet AC unit also allows for a more restful sleep, particularly important for the light sleepers in your family.
- The size of your air conditioning unit is also a consideration. Because of developments in technology, such as the improved alloy, MicroChannel Coil, used in some York models, newer air conditioners give clients increased performance while taking up less space.
- Other 21st century developments combine computerized tech with your AC unit. For example, the Lennox XC21 comes with iComfort®-enabled technology, which lets you use your programmable iComfort Wi-Fi touchscreen thermostat and will optimize the efficiency and performance of the unit.
In order to decide which option is best for you, to repair or replace your current AC unit, it’s important to contact a company with extensive experience, one that employs individuals who are qualified to assess your individual situation and provide you with recommendations you can trust.
At Hamilton Home Comfort, we strive to make the installation process of a new air conditioner as seamless as possible and do everything we can to ensure it’s a positive experience. When you make an appointment with us, we respect your time and show up as scheduled. Throughout the installation process, we work professionally and treat your home as if it’s our own. At the end of the installation, we ensure that there is no mess left behind. If there is an old air conditioning unit, we can even take it away for you.
When it’s time to replace your AC unit, Hamilton Home Comfort has a wide range of eco-friendly and energy-efficient air conditioners to choose from.
Not sure which air conditioner is right for your family’s needs? Our professionals can help you make the right decision when it comes to this investment. We will not only take the time to explain the options available but will also make suggestions as to which unit would be best for your space and your needs.
We’re dedicated to providing the finest products and most reliable service you can get in Hamilton, Stoney Creek, Ancaster, Grimsby, Burlington, Binbrook, and beyond. Plus, we’re dedicated to building positive relationships with all of our clients and ensure that our valued customers are completely satisfied following a purchase or upon a completed installation. Word of mouth enabled Hamilton Home Comfort to build our business over 25 years ago, and it’s a trend we count on to this day.
All of our air conditioning installation and service crews are completely certified and have over 10 years of experience in their field.
To discuss servicing or replacing your AC unit, contact Hamilton Home Comfort, one of the best AC replacement companies in the Hamilton/Stoney Creek area. Choose HHC for all your needed local air conditioner services.
Visit us at 335 Fruitland Rd, Stoney Creek, ON.
Email us at email@example.com
Or call Hamilton Home Comfort at 905-643-0981.
Best Air Conditioners
Hamilton Home Comfort carries air conditioning units manufactured by York, Goodman, Lennox, KeepRite, and Ruud. We have the unit that will best suit your specific needs.
Below are descriptions of seven of the models that Hamilton Home Comfort install and service:
York Air Conditioners
York’s LX Series split system air conditioners fit your needs with efficient models that reduce your utility bills. With growing concern about eco-friendly air conditioners, customers are pleased to have coil options that include an advanced MicroChannel coil, which leaves a smaller footprint. These air conditioners also feature a proven tube-in-fin coil with enhanced aluminum fins mechanically bonded to copper tubing.
Get big savings with the York YCG.
The unit’s up to 17 SEER cooling efficiency saves 41 cents per dollar versus an older 10 SEER system. Its reliable operation has been proven in York’s extreme, 5-year accelerated test facility. There are both single- and three-phase models available (TCG). The York YCG is made from the improved alloy, MicroChannel Coil, which provides more performance in less space.
Looking for another unit that provides more performance yet takes up less space? The York YCD may be right for you.
The York YCD has a 13 SEER cooling efficiency, which saves 23 cents per dollar versus an older 10 SEER system. The unit is optimized for Northern USA and Canadian climates. Like the York YCG, there are both single- and 3-phase models available (TCD), and the unit’s reliable operation has been proven in York’s extreme, 5-year accelerated test facility. The York YCD is also made from the improved alloy, MicroChannel Coil, which provides more performance in less space.
Goodman Air Conditioners
Goodman Air Conditioning and Heating have been manufacturing quality air conditioners since 1982. Hamilton Home Comfort respects how Goodman has engineered and designed dependable products, such as the following air conditioning units.
The Goodman GSX13 R-410A is both quiet and efficient.
The GSX13 will cool your home efficiently and quietly. This unit is built with sound-dampening features that help ensure that your cooling system doesn’t interfere with a good night’s sleep.
Save on energy costs with the Goodman GSX16 R-410A.
The high-efficiency GSX16 will also cool your home quietly. This unit will provide you with reliable cooling and money-saving energy efficiency compared to lower SEER air conditioner units.
Lennox Air Conditioners
Hamilton Home Comfort recommends Lennox air conditioners not only because they are highly efficient but also because they are reliable, well made, and easy to maintain.
The Lennox XC21 provides the benefits of 21st-century technology.
The XC21 comes with iComfort®-enabled technology, which lets you use your programmable iComfort Wi-Fi touchscreen thermostat and will optimize the efficiency and performance of the unit.
Get perfect comfort quietly with the Lennox XC20.
The Lennox XC20 Elite® has a sound level as low as 65 dB and makes cooling outputs in many small increments in order to make your home feel perfectly comfortable.
Looking for higher performance? The Lennox XC16 may be the AC unit for you.
The two-stage XC16 Elite® series air conditioner has a much higher performance output when compared to the average air conditioning unit.
When you’re looking for excellent performance and want to save money, ask about the Lennox EL16XC1.
The EL16XC1 is built to perform and save energy. With efficiency ratings of up to 17.00 SEER, it can help save you hundreds of dollars every year on your utility bills compared to older units. In addition, it may help you qualify for energy rebates.
When efficient cooling is of prime importance, consider the Lennox 14ACX.
With its high-efficiency outdoor coil, the Lennox Merit Series 14ACX provides the most efficient use of your energy for cooling your house.
The Lennox 13ACX provides great value.
The Lennox Merit® series 13ACX home air conditioner is one of the best values that you can get when purchasing an air conditioner for your home.
Contact Us Today
When it’s time to contact one of the most reliable AC replacement companies, one that provides local air conditioner services, visit Hamilton Home Comfort at 335 Fruitland Rd, Stoney Creek, ON, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 905-643-0981.